There are situations where you might want to re-install Windows 10 on the Infinity:One, for example because the system is corrupted or you simply want to upgrade to the latest version of Windows available for your device.
It's all simple enough! You are going to need an 8GB USB drive and a reliable internet connection to download the necessary files - so first things first, let's download:
Once you have downloaded the archive on your workstation, have your 8GB USB and the Infinity:One handy and follow these steps:
- Format the USB drive using FAT32 as filesystem type
- Extract (not copy) the archive downloaded onto the USB (use WinRAR or 7Zip if extracting fails from Windows)
- Eject the USB drive from your workstation (i.e. do not unplug the drive before ejecting)
- Boot the Infinity:One with the USB drive plugged in making sure that the battery has been charged first
- Let the procedure run until the device turns off then remove the USB and boot up the Infinity:One as usual
Windows 10 will finalise its installation during the first boot and this usually takes a few minutes to complete - the default Infinity:One admin account password is infinityone which you can change/remove when you login the first time.
With Windows 1709 we are also introducing a new feature called Visitor account - this allows students to login into a local temporary account which has several security policies in place (e.g. user cannot access system settings) and is mainly designed to access online resources via the browser. Please note that the WiFi credentials are deleted at every login for this account forcing the new user to connect to the network with their own credentials. The password for the Visitor account is a single spacebar keystroke.
For reference, the content of the USB drive just prepared should look like this: