If you are looking to upgrade your Infinity:One to the latest approved build of Windows 10, or reset the software, then you are in the right place!
We've customised Windows 10, pre-loading the latest version of Windows 1809 (see more here) with Office, Chrome, NAPLAN Online browser, Minecraft Education Edition and nifty Visitor Account feature.
If you are planning to use the Infinity:One NSW Government school please head here, we've included the PAC file and Timeserver address into the build.
The re-imaging process is super simple, wipes all data on the Infinity:One.
You are going to need an 8GB USB drive and a reliable internet connection (or download manager) to download the necessary files - so first things first, let's download:
Once you have downloaded the archive on your workstation, have your 8GB USB and the Infinity:One handy and follow these steps:
- Format the USB drive using FAT32 as filesystem type
- Extract (not copy) the archive downloaded onto the USB (use WinRAR or 7Zip if extracting fails from Windows)
- Eject the USB drive from your workstation (i.e. do not unplug the drive before ejecting)
- Boot the Infinity:One with the USB drive plugged in (F7 for boot selection) making sure that the battery has been charged first
- Let the procedure run until the device turns off then remove the USB and boot up the Infinity:One as usual
Windows 10 will finalise the installation during the first boot and this usually takes a few minutes to complete - the default Infinity:One admin account password is "infinityone" which you can change/remove when you login the first time.
For reference, the content of the USB drive just prepared should look like this:
What is the Visitor Account?
The Visitor account allows students to login into a local temporary account which has several security policies in place (e.g. the user cannot access system settings) and is mainly designed to access online resources via the browser.
Please note that the WiFi credentials are deleted at every login for this account forcing the new user to connect to the network with their own credentials.
The password for the Visitor account is a single spacebar keystroke.